- Street: Siem Reap Provincial Department of Commerce
- Phone number: Tel: +855 78 34 14 54 (English) Tel: +855 78 34 14 04 (Khmer)
- Listed: March 11, 2015 8:20 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
The Siem Reap Souvenir Design Competition was initiated by AHA and its supporting partners in order to:
- Foster the development of authentic and attractive souvenir products for the Cambodian souvenir market
- Strengthen the Cambodian handicraft sector in view of innovation and creativity
- Enable students and other citizens to design an unique Cambodian souvenir product
- Create links between students/universities and the private sector.
Participants are required to create original designs for attractive souvenir products made from different raw materials. Designs may represent decorative objects as well as functional objects or a combination of both, following a specific list of raw materials.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
The competition is open to all kinds of design enthusiasts, bringing together passion and creativity for the development of a new Cambodian souvenir. This include:
- Students from the Royal University of Fine Arts, SETEC University, School of Fine Arts, Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia (PUC), Phnom Penh
- All other design enthusiasts (including: local handicraft producers, staff of local handicraft enterprises and their family members, students from schools and universities, local painters, etc.) from Siem Reap province
The competition is open to participants of all ages.
ORGANISERS OF THE COMPETITION
- The Angkor Handicraft Association (AHA)of leading handicraft enterprises in Siem Reap Province.
- The Siem Reap Provincial Department of Commerce
- the Siem Reap Provincial Department of Tourism
- Royal University of Fine Arts
- SETEC University, School of Fine Arts
- Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia (PUC)
- GIZ-Regional Economic Development (RED) Program “Green Belt” Siem Reap
713 total views, 2 today