- Phone number: 023 882768 (Office)
- Listed: March 13, 2015 10:04 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place. Through our volunteers, we harness the talents, enthusiasm and skills of ordinary people to bring about lasting change.
- Location: Phnom Penh with travels to the provinces
- Contract type: Fixed term 3 months contract ( till 30 June 2015)
The health programme was identified as being more difficult to regenerate and that VSO Cambodia’s would have to decide whether to regenerate it or to close the programme, after current commitments have been completed. Following a review, VSO Cambodia has decided to close the health programme after the current commitments with existing and future partners have finished. We will close the programme in July 2015, approximately. We still have a number of volunteers working in health programme and alternative management will need to be arranged for them. VSO Cambodia will continue to have dedicated support for our volunteers and partners working in health until July 2015. The volunteers will continue working until the end of their contract.
- Project planning, implementation and review
- Work with the Head of Programmes and the Country Director to explore possibilities of integrating health intervention in other programmes. Conduct partnership review meetings with partners and write project reports to reflect Health project achievements. Ensure appropriate project planning and implementation documentation is in place as per VSO process.
Programme or Project Funding
- Work with the HoP, Regional Funding Adviser and Country Director to review project proposals to AusAID. Develop feasible project plans and budget, ensuring compliance with donor requirements. Maintain good working relationships with the donor managers when reviewing project proposals. Proactively manage grants and ensure smooth transition of Health projects.
Partnership development and maintenance
- Assess, maintain and review relevant partnerships. Build and support networks between key stakeholders (donors/other agencies/volunteers/partners etc) to strengthen impact.
- Work with the programme support team to provide on-going support to volunteers, including safety and emergencies. Engage volunteers in planning processes, supporting them to identify linkages between their work and VSO programmes.
Effective team working
- Work with the programme and support teams to effectively delivery health project objectives.
Finance and Resource Management
- Develop, maintain and regularly review financial plans to deliver project objectives including conducting monthly budget monitoring.
- You are required the following essential and desirable skills and experience:
- Experience in strategic project planning. Good understanding of project cycle management tools
- Experience in ensuring effective project planning, resourcing, implementation and in reviewing programme strategy.
- Practical experience of addressing development issues at a project or community level. Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Cambodian development issues – ideally within the Health sector
- Experience in seeking external funding and grants, including proposal and report writing. Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for project management.
- Proven ability to network with development partners, donors and other stakeholders.
- Evidence of ability to provide effective support to people from diverse background and cultures.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Experience in financial management including monitoring budget, monitoring and managing expenditure and compiling financial reports.
- Thorough knowledge of Cambodian health sector and practical experience of working in Health sector.
- Experience working with international and national volunteers.
- Confidence and experience in external representation.
- Experience and knowledge of the country and region.
How to apply
To find out more details and apply, please visit our website http://www.vsointernational.org/vso-today/careers-at-vso/ using the vacancy search function to find for the employee position and complete the online application form on the link below:
Before you apply, please download and read the job description for full details of the roles and person specification and application guidelines available on our website.
If you have any problems accessing the above link, please contact Mr. Khin Veasna on 023 882768.
VSO is committed to equal employment opportunities, values inclusion and to have a diverse workforce.
Applications are welcome from people of all origins, age, religions, gender, ethnicities, sexual orientation and disability. All applications will be reviewed against the above requirements.
Due to a high volume of applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
538 total views, 1 today